Health & Safety
Our Continued Focus
McDougall Energy Inc. is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all of its employees, contractors, and employees of its contractors.
Responsibility for Health and Safety is shared amongst all employees, regardless of position.
Both supervisors and workers are dedicated to reducing the risk of injury at all times and in all areas of our business.
We strive for zero incidents with a relentless and continued focus on maintaining a safety-first approach to the way we do business.
Joint Health & Safety Committees
Bringing Safety into Practice
The McDougall Energy Joint Health & Safety Committee is a forum for bringing the internal safety system into practice. The committee consists of employee and management representatives who meet on a regular basis.
Its mandate is to:
- Identify legislation or policies relating to Occupational Health & Safety.
- Stimulate safety awareness.
- Recognize workplace risks and assist in the correction of them.
- Provide oversight and recommend best practices to support prudent management decisions for McDougall Energy employees, contractors and visitors.
Upholding the Highest Standards
McDougall Energy believes that protecting human resources is a key component in managing our business. This philosophy is embodied in the corporate policy on health and safety.
McDougall Energy audit programs are designed to help ensure that risks at our operating units are reasonably minimized, liabilities are appropriately controlled, compliance with applicable regulations is achieved, and management systems are in place and functioning.
The audit process will verify the existence of health and safety management systems through field observations, document reviews, employee interviews, workplace inspections and verification testing to ensure that safe working conditions and management systems are in place and functioning as intended.
Health & Safety Training
Creating a Safe and Efficient Work Environment
McDougall Energy is committed to fostering an environment that encourages individuals to seek opportunities for professional growth and enrichment. We also encourage supervisors, managers, and employees to identify educational, training and development opportunities that will improve job safety and performance.
The increasing complexity of the work environment requires continuous development of competencies and upgrading of knowledge and skills relating directly to the safety performance of work.
In addition, changes in external regulations and McDougall policies, procedures and practices have created risks and liabilities that require the delivery of consistent information to our employees, contractor and visitors.
Safety education and training is a key component to McDougall Energy’s business success. A task completed safely will also be completed correctly, efficiently, and with a high degree of satisfaction.
- McDougall Energy Celebrates 12th Year Among Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- McDougall Energy Awarded for Community Investment in Sault Ste. Marie
- McDougall Energy Awarded Company of the Year by Northern Ontario Business
- McDougall Energy Spreads Holiday Cheer, Donating $50,000 to Local Charities across Ontario
- McDougall Energy Donates $10,000 to Christmas Cheer